Due to the extreme weather and fire restrictions all open fires and fireworks are prohibited.
If you live near or abutting wild lands (dry non-irrigated fields) we make the following recommendations.
In the event of a wild land fire, rapid evacuation may be necessary, the following steps are recommended:
1. Plan a minimum of 2 exit routes from your residence or location.
2. Make a checklist of your 10 most important possessions, including PETS and your 72 hour kit, and have them easily accessible for quickly loading in your vehicle.
3. Please evacuate quickly and as safely as possibly to allow fire personnel in to protect your property.
4. Yield to all emergency vehicles.
5. Tune to 1610AM for additional information and shelter locations. Information will also be posted on the Garden City website: www.gardencityut.us
This is a cooperative effort between the City, County and the State.
Additional information can be found on www.firewise.org